2.9.12

Getting it done...

Today, our crew was split because we were finishing up our tasks.  Though there were frustrations, we worked through and got the job done.  I was very happy to see how our group remained supportive of each other as we worked through.  It has been a glorious time.

I noticed a stark between our trip to Joplin and our trips to Honduras.  In Honduras we worked from sun up until sun down.  We were surrounded by the community and the people we were working with.  At night, we ate food that was cooked and lived like the people lived.

Things in Joplin are NOT the same.  We worked, took breaks, joked (a lot) and had a lot of downtime.  Tonight, we had custard and hung out.  We ate at Red Robin and Waffle House.  It was very different.

The two trips can not be considered in the realm of similar, yet both had the same purpose.  We were doing work for God's people in need.  People who (for this period in life) would be considered the least of these.  It took me a long time to reconcile my feelings about the work in Joplin because it didn't seem as much like work.  But, when I was told how the lady reacted upon seeing her home, it brought me back to that familiar place of warm joy.  I am once again happy to be the hands, feet and heart of my Lord and Saviour.


"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments: