25.6.11

El Plan de Dios: Primera Parte

We are on the bus and I already have a great feeling about this trip. Harold & Billie Faye Curtis and Debbie Villareal stayed up to see us leave the building. Our group is very diverse and energetic.

As time for our flight draws nearer, I can feel my adrenaline rising. We leave DFW and land in Miami. Then we have a trip through customs and fly out to Honduras. We are the first group to arrive, so we are tasked with organizing the container of items that was sent ahead.

The colors for today are pink and blue! Led by Kristen Smith's suggestion, our bags have been marked with pink duct tape. Her brother-in-law, Kyle Calvert, designed our group's navy blue shirts. There is no mistaking members of our group.

Already, I have learned a bit about nursing. I have also added my word 'vindicted' to the vocabulary of a few attendees. There is no telling what other shenanigans we will get into.

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: