23.4.12

Vuelvo a Honduras

I suppose everyone is due for an update on how things for Honduras are going.  Honestly, I am not sure if they are going so well.  I worry a lot about returning to Honduras.  Things have not been going as smoothly as last year.

Part of it may be the stress of such a short aggressive preparation.  Part of it may be the fear that the impact I make is not as great as last year.  Part of it may be fear that the impact I feel was a result of it being my first trip.  Part of it may be my 'have it figured out before anyone notices' personality.

I am sure a big part of it is my comparison of last year's preparations to this years. Each week, last year, I heard from a different person each week.  All were interested in the work I would do, travel companions, safety and fundraising.  This year, the number of inquiries has decreased dramatically.  However, my excitement about returning has been the opposite.  I can only pray that responses will pick up soon.  I am grateful to those that have responded as you have naturally lifted my spirits.

Ultimately, I have been working on my weak faith.  I need to put this in God's hands.  I recently read Heaven is For Real.  The book is by Todd Burpo about 'incidents and experiences' of his toddler son, Colton.  In one story, Todd talks about stepping on his porch after a storm to see a rainbow.  He goes on to describe how it is the most beautiful and complete rainbow he has ever seen.  Colton, however,  sees the rainbow and acts completely 'unsurprised.'  Colton explains that he prayed that God would bring the rainbow, thus he knew it would happened.  This is the faith of children.  This is the faith I want to have that everything is going to be okay for this trip.

As I close, I ask that you pray for and/or help me with a few things:
1. We are in need of things to give the children when we arrive in Honduras.  The most popular items were balloons, balls, bubbles, Jolly Ranchers, shoes (new and used) and toothpaste.  Yes, toothpaste.
2. I am still in need of a great deal of financial assistance.
3. I need to focus on returning because it is God's will.  If this is not the case, then I need to quickly understand and accept this.

All donations are 100% tax deductible.  If you wish to lend assistance or want to know more about the trip, please review the following PDF:
Hope for Honduras 2012 Letter



I thought you may enjoy seeing the video we shot a few weeks ago:
Hope For Honduras Summer 2012

I will try to post more from now on.  Please check frequently for updates.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me"- Isaiah 6:8

No comments: