8.5.12

Una nueva Visión

This morning, I had my normal Tuesday morning Bible study.  It was so refreshing and eye opening that I could not wait to post this blog.  I am typing at the speed of lightening!

We talked about discernment and God's mission for each of us.  As we discussed, I was able to receive a deeper, personal meaning to The Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20).  I have taken this taken this to mean that is my duty to teach the Gospel and live life as Jesus would.  This message was Jesus talking to working with what God puts before me.  However, the deeper, personal meaning is so powerful that it almost brought me to tears.  As we talked and I voiced my doubts and limitations, they literally went away they were uttered.

I have always felt limited.  "Make disciples of all nations."  I am only one person.  I'll never get this done.  My talent is not preaching.  I don't have the money or the time to travel the world all of the time.  If I did, I would never get to everyone.  Someone would be missed.  Excuse... excuse... excuse!

But, this morning our discussion of discernment brought a great deal of clarity for me.  My talent may not be preaching, riches or even time.  But God has blessed me to be a part of his body (I Corinthians 12:14).  As I follow him (blindly) I should be encouraged that I am not doing this alone.  My talents take the gospel so far.  At that point, we should have faith that another will take it to the next level.  It is because of this that I should not be discouraged (1 Corinthians 15:58).

If you have never read of Adoniram Judson, I would suggest you do.  Through adversity, he stayed on the path of what he felt God called him to.  He did not see the ultimate fruit of his labor, but he worked so that others may.

Now my vision is clear.
My heart is full of excitement.
My spirit is invigorated.


"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't loose!"- Coach Eric Taylor (Friday Night Lights)

No comments: