1.10.06

Un altro giorno nell'occhio del pubblico

Monday was not very exciting. It was one of those "smile for the camera" days. The city always likes to re-establish their relationship with the center by presenting each University with a certificate of friendship. Before issuing the certificates, they hold a presentation completely in Italian.

After the ceremony, Peter had to head to Rome in order to pick up our lecturer for Wednesday. This, I was left in charge of the students. He left me in charge. If you know me, then you know my reasons for not wanting to be a teacher and you understand that this would be me facing up to one of my fears. However, things were not so bad. I held a brief 30min session and left them to finish up their projects. I was also able to take some time to work on my personal things as well.

I thought the stress of Monday was going to leave me broken. Instead, the stress of Tuesday ran me away from the building. Maybe I shouldn't put it in such a way. After seeing the things I had to accomplish in regards to organizing the students for tomorrow, I had to pull a disappearing act. I (with a few other students) escaped for about an hour after dinner to "calm down". I suppose if I really wanted calm, I should not have had a cappucino. I was relaxed upon return. I think I went to bed at about 4 or 5am (still leaving about two students awake and working alone). I think tomorrow will go rather well.

No comments: