30.6.11

De incia la construccion

"No! Oh, no. This did not happen."
"What's the matter, Joel?"
"SOMEBODY JACKED MY MUSCLE MILK!"
This is how the morning started. It has been truly hilarious. We have developed the 'Karma Bus' and currently, Joel is the victim. It will be interesting to hear how this develops through the day.

Today, I am with the group that builds the playground at the hospital. It is going to be interesting. There have been no final decisions regarding layout, program and materials. It sounds like this will be design-build at it's finest. I am the only one with design experience and I am dealing with a team of contractors. God has given me this gift, now it is time for me to use it to further his kingdom.

The work was great. Design-build in a third world country can be very frustrating. A foreman was never 'elected' so everyone had their own way of doing things. However, I think the proper people were making the decisions by the end of the day. We didn't finish, but we made great headway. I pray that we are able to finish by lunch tomorrow and then do other activities. Tomorrow starts at 7:00am.

I was taken back by one event that happened. I did not have interaction with the patients because I was focused on building. At one point, one of our nurses was sitting on the side crying. I later learned why. Two babies had just been born, both requiring the use of a ventilator. The NICU is only equipped with a single ventilator. The nurses had to choose which newborn got to live. I was at a loss for words. These are decisions that the nurses at the hospital have to make everyday.

Devotion tonight was a less intense. It started with a song that Nathan (from the farm) wrote about the common experiences with Hope for Honduras. It was a humorous way to get the evening started. The song service was very energetic and heartfelt. Caitlin had made a number of requests prior to service. It was her 21st birthday so Josue obliged.

After devotion, Archer shared photos of the many places Muscle Milk went during the day. Then, Joel began his retribution on Archer. That is all I have to say about that.

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."- Matthew 5:4

"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."- Revelation 14:13

No comments: