27.6.13

Jueves



I woke this morning and could not hold the tears back. My mind went to that dark place. I thought of Miaya (my niece). God, I am so angry right now. I can't go running, I have nothing to throw or punch. I need somewhere to focus and dissipate this negative energy.

Today, we will build a house for a family that lives at the dump. I haven't built much with the group from Skillman, but I think it best for me to be with the group from Tennessee today. I hope the fast pace and hard labor will help me to work out my anger.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference..."

Board. Level. Nail it! This is the mantra of our work crew. It gets the job done. Today, we worked with Dorian. The group learned that every foreman has their own style, but we adapted and finished the house in five hours. I spent a good deal of time on the roof. I even surprised myself. Once we finished, we had time to play with the kids that watched us build their home. Afterwards, we made a pit stop at Texaco where I got Tamarindo and Yuca chips.

The other group did not have an easy day. Hannah woke up this morning vomiting, so she never left her room. Later at the site, Palmer began to go through the same thing. Finally, Josue injured his shin and was out of commission for most of the day. I felt bad for their rough day, but ultimately the job got done.

During devotion, Heidi gave us an update on Gabby and her siblings (Antonio and Cindy). They are now in Ojojona. They left with nothing. We have rearranged our activities to include time to go shopping to get basic living supplies for them. I am still angry but the aggression is slowly dissipating. I think a lot of it came out while I was driving spikes on the roof.

"Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee."- Proverbs 4:25

No comments: