29.6.13

Sabado

Last night we had a devotion party. A group from Columbus and a praise band joined us for dinner. Marc had everything catered by Carnitas, so there was A LOT of meat. It was also Diann's birthday, so we had cake after devotion. I think the extreme departure from my normal diet caused me not to feel great this morning. I slept until 6:30.

The Tennessee group heads home today. They were great to work and fellowship with. I'll miss them. I am excited that Lydia will be an intern next summer. That means she will be telling me what to do! I also made bet with Rick regarding A&M v Tennessee.

We visited Hospital Escuela. It was a visit like none we had before because we didn't seem prepared. After awhile, I was able to get back into the swing and put on balloon shows for the kids. I took four people to see the playground and found it under cared for. It is obvious that the children do not have access to the equipment nor the courtyard. I wonder how Jerry Taylor would feel about that.

Our time here is coming to an end. We went to Valley of Angels for souvenirs and papusas. Melissa and I took charge of a dance party on the bus ride home. We had a great time.

Before devotion, Mark told Josue and I they will give Gabby a pregnancy test tomorrow morning. Anger reared its ugly head once more. We talked about it for a bit. I can see that we have accepted these uncomfortable occurrences and kept our anger from controlling our actions. But the mind still wonders.

The singing at devotion was enthusiastic. Josue had to handle something, so Brooks started the first song. Then we sang a number of songs that kept our spirits lifted and our energy going. We could really feel the joy in the space. Through all of this, we know that God is in control. We are only here a hard short while. I take comfort in the faith that God will provide justice for me and those I love i due time.

After devotion we started our goodbyes. We will not see April before we leave. Melissa stayed with us the entire day, though I could tell she was tired and missing April. I gave her a big hug and told her she is a good mother. She, Heidi and Luzeth are going to be good for Gabby, Cindy and Phillipe Antonio.

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you."- 2 Corinthians 13:11

No comments: