26.6.13

Miercoles

Dump. Centro 21 de Otobre. Nueva Oriental. Today is the day to spread joy. We visit each of these place and fellowship with people, showing the God loves us all no matter what our situation may be. We served food at the Dump and Centro 21 de Otobre. We played at Centro 21 de Otobre and Nueva Oriental.

At the dump, I learned that Jack and Mason had a difficult time. This isn't surprising. The situation is lot for an early teen to take in. I hate their worlds have changed because they were let in on this bit of reality.  However, I believe, they will become better equipped to deal with the real world as they get older.

It is bitter sweet to know that a number of the boys I met at 21 de Otobre are no longer there. I believe the only ones I may have met before were Wilmer and Josue (the bracelet guy). There was a new guy who good at soccer and claimed to be Reynoldo because he was from Madrid.

We didn't make it to Nueva Orental. The day changed dramatically. Last night Marc told us of a twelve year old girl (Gabby) in a bad situation (she is Santa Barbara, a few hours away). We prayed that we could get her and siblings out of the situation before it got worse. A few interns left early this morning to bring her to Ojojona. Today is her birthday and what did she get from the man living in her house?!? Happy birthday, Gabby?!?

I am so angry and confused! The first thing I wanted to do was find the guy and bash his head against a wall. I am sorry, but I am ANGRY! I just hate that this happened, we were here and could do nothing to stop it (or we were too late). And now, her life has changed and she did nothing to deserve it. God why?!?

I don't know what to make if this day.


"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil..."- Proverbs 8:13
"Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate..."- Amos 5:15
"...Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."- Romans 12:9

Thank you Craig Gray for helping me see (and remember) that hating evil (in itself) does not make me a bad person.  It is what I do with the energy generated by this hate that I must be watchful of. (2013.07.10)

No comments: