23.6.14

Lunes 4.3

Today was the first day that the five of us worked on our own. We went to Casa to mix sift sand, mix concrete and build a CMU wall. I have always been fascinated with the Honduran process of mixing concrete. I have also always wanted to try my hand at masonry. I can tell you both are VERY difficult.


At about 3:30, I took a break because the kids were home from school.  I watched as Doris was helping Lupe with her math homework. It was long, but it was also nice to see her work through it. She did very well, she just needs to take her time.
The Kansas group had already arrived by the time we made it home. I was sad to learn that Jerry Taylor was ill and could not come. However, Ann and Olivia were able to make it.

Devotion this evening was huge. There were 35 plus people and it is only going to get larger. The message was a bit odd, but the singing was wonderful. I met a lot a great new people. We also hung out with Dan and Lee. The discussion was not as deep as last night, but it was fun. I am very interested in what tomorrow will bring.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." -Matthew 18:20

No comments: