25.6.14

Miercoles 4.5

Today is the day of the dump. There are a lot of new people so I am sure this is going to be a rough day. The first year I went, I was impacted. The second year, I felt intrusive. In year three, I felt part and protective. I wonder what this year will be. I asked Lydia if it gets easier (she goes every week). She said it is one of her favorite things to do. I hope that is how I feel today, but I don't ever want to forget how I felt the first time.
It got better. I have so much hope! The dump has changed drastically since my first visit. The people are very orderly. I only made one round to deliver food. I spent the rest of the time playing futbol. After awhile, we sang we prayed.

Eating at Pizza Hut was quite the experience. Like. Burger King, they seated us and presented menus for us to order. In the states, no one eats at Pizza Hut. Haley joined us, so we had a family sized meal complete with a pecan pie dessert.

Next, was the school for the blind. As soon as I walked through the door, I was greeted with a big hug from Darey. There were many hugs from the other kids that were very warm and welcoming. One boy wanted to work on futbol skills, so kicked the ball around with him. That is, until I rolled my ankle and fell.
It was quite an embarrassing moment. However, it wasn't as bad as when I was sitting in the side and a thirteen year old girl decided to strike up a conversation. At one point in our conversation, I decided to ask her about siblings.
"Tienes hijos?" She jumped at laughed at the question. Only then did I realize that I said 'hijos' and not 'hermanos'. The group got a kick out of the creepy American asking her if she had children.

A group from Mississippi joined us for dinner and devotion. It was pretty weird because the groups were divided the entire night and the message had nohing to do with Honduras. We learned that Jerry Taylor's health took a turn for the worse. It was harder to focus on singing at that point. I just wanted to give hugs to Ann and Olivia.

After devotion, Karol, Kaleen, Olivia, Lydia, Leigh, Gordon, Josh, Josue and I walked to the festival in downtown Ojojona. It was a bit difficult to have fun at first because we were most concerned about protecting the women. Finally; some sat down for a small meal. Karol and Kaleen took me walking to see some of the buildings. My tour was abbreviated when Lydia told us they were being swindled into paying for food they had not asked for. Josue was able to haggle a bit, but the guy was so drunk that he angrily gave up. We walked back to the mission house and talked until about 11:30.

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."- 1 Corinthians 12:13

No comments: